Admin Login

St. Patrick’s Park officially re-opened

By Kristina Fri 30th Aug

Saturday 6th April, 2013, will go down as a red letter day in the history of St. Enda’s as we marked the official re-opening of the historic St. Patrick’s Park.

Thanks to the generous support of Club Omagh members, Monsignor Donnely and the Parish of Drumragh, we have been able to refurbish the dressing rooms and help put the pitch back into use for our youth football, hurling and camogie teams, and today the pitch was re-opened following a pitch blessing ceremony by Monsignor Donnelly.

St. Patrick’s Park which was developed by the Parish in the early 1900s, was the spiritual home of St. Enda’s teams since 1932, and it was great to see the legendary Thady Turbett who led many great St. Enda’s teams to victory in St. Patrick’s Park during the 40s, 50s and 60s in attendance at the ceremony along with many more great St. Enda’s stalwarts.

But the day was essentially for the future generation of St. Enda’s members and on such a glorious day our U8, U10 and U12 boys and girls enjoyed a morning for football and hurling coaching. The pitch will be a great complement to our own Healy Park to accommodate our growing number of youth players.

Click on the following link to see our photos on our facebook page for photos.


By Kristina Fri 30th Aug

Related News

Main Sponsor

Proud to be part of