Before Us …. Romhainn
On the 28th February, 2012, the Gaels of Omagh St. Enda’s marked the 80th anniversary of the club’s formation.
It was an opportunity to refect on eight decades of nostalgia and to celebrate the progress of our club which rose from humble beginnings in 1932 when a group of GAA enthusiasts answered the call to instil a new level of ‘Gaelic Spirit’ in the town.
We can be forever thankful that our founders and those who have since helped shape St. Enda’s had the courage and foresight to put the necessary plays in place to provide us with the facilities we currently have.
Our most treasured possession is, of course, Healy Park and in 2012 we also celebrated the 40th anniversary of the official opening of our pitch which has now become one of the leading GAA grounds in Ireland.
It is appropriate then that we are again focusing on facilities as we attempt to keep up with the demand for Gaelic Games in our parish. Click here for Club Omagh Brochure
With us …. In éineacht linn
St. Enda’s GAC provide Gaelic games and associated activities for over 600 young people, with more than 16 teams of boys and girls, men and women, participating on a weekly basis.
Gaelic football, hurling, Camogie and Scór are played with distinction at the highest level by club members. Yet, the past has taught us that to stay strong and vibrant we must shape the future with our continued effort and participation so as to pass the legacy on to the next generation in the best possible standing. Click here for Club Omagh Brochure
After us … In ár ndiaidh
Everything our Club does is aimed at:
- Giving our young people confidence and a strong sense of self worth
- Making them proud of who they are and where they’re from
- Helping them make good, positive lifestyle choices
- Giving them a focus, a sense of teamwork and discipline and healthy, structured and enjoyable activity
- Contributing to the overall development of Tyrone and Ulster GAA
More information on Club Omagh
- How do I become a member? – click here
- Development Plans for the future – click here
- Club Omagh Brochure