Championship showdown – The senior football championship semi-final between St. Enda’s and Dromore dominates the club agenda this week with the game fixed for Carrickmore on Saturday evening at 6.30pm. Best wishes to the players and management and all supporters are encouraged to get behind the team.
League – In the All County League, the seniors dropped points against Donaghmore last Sunday while the Reserves maintained their good run of results with a win over the home side.
Ladies final – On Thursday next (4th Sept) the senior ladies will play Ardboe in the final of the Intermediate Championship in Kildress and everyone is asked to keep this date free to support the team. The Omagh ladies wrapped up their Intermediate league campaign on Wednesday evening with a comprehensive 2-13 to 0-5 win over Donaghmore. Omagh have qualified for the league semi-final having played 7, winning 5, drawing 1 and losing 1
Youth action – On the youth scene, the U16s continue their league activities with the A team home to Carrickmore on Friday at 6.30pm while the Devs are away to Derrytresk on Saturday at 12noon. The U16 girls are away to Drumquin on Saturday at 11am. The U14 hurlers played their championship quarter-final game against Eire Og on Wednesday, losing 5-7 to 4-6 in a thrilling contest, and now await a final league game with Cappagh. The U13 boys footballers commence their league campaign on Thursday evening with the A team playing Dromore in St. Patrick’s Park while the Devs host Derrytresk in St. Patrick’s Park on Tuesday next at 7pm.
Camogie blitz – This Saturday the club will host, for the first time, a Tyrone camogie blitz in Healy Park commencing at 10am. Anyone available to assist with this event should report to Healy Park by 9.30am.
Youth training – Training for U8, U10 and U12 girls football continues on Wednesday’s in St. Patrick’s Park at 6pm, U16 girls football train on Thursday from 4.30pm and U8 and U10 boys on Saturday from 10am. Training for U12-13 boys on Saturday also at 10am.
This week’s games and training summary –
- Thurs 28 Aug (4.30pm) – U16 girls football coaching (St. Patrick’s Park)
- Thurs 28 Aug (6.45pm) – U13 Football League Grd 1 – Omagh v Dromore (St. Patrick’s Park)
- Fri 29 Aug (6.30pm) – U16 Football League Grd 1 – Omagh v Carrickmore (St. Patrick’s Park)
- Sat 30 Aug (10am) – Tyrone Camogie blitz (Healy Park)
- Sat 30 Aug (10am) – U8/U10/U12 boys coaching (St. Patrick’s Park)
- Sat 30 Aug (11am) – U16 Ladies Grd 4 League – Drumquin v Omagh
- Sat 30 Aug (6.30pm) – Senior Footbal Championship semi-final – Dromore v Omagh (Carrickmore)
- Tues 2nd Sept (7pm) – U13 Football League Grd 4 – Omagh v Derrytresk (St. Patrick’s Park)
- Wed 3rd Sept (6.45pm) – U16 Football League Grd 4 – Omagh v Brackaville