Fight Night Success – Last Saturday’s Club Omagh Black and White Fight Night proved to be a resounding success. Many thanks to all those who attended and helped to organise this fund raising event but a special acknowledgement must go to all the brave boxers who participated and helped to raise vital funds for the club’s ongoing development projects.
Club Omagh membership – Having witnessed what our boxers put themselves through, we hope that all club members will now throw their weight behind the club and join Club Omagh in 2014 and sign up for membership. Club Omagh membership entitles you to free general club membership which is now open for 2014. Adult registration will take place on the following dates – Friday 21st Feb 8-9:30pm, Sunday 23rd Feb 8-9:30pm, Friday 28th Feb 8-9:30pm, Mon 3rd March 8-9:30pm. Please contact Vicky with any queries on 07725356876. Registration form can be downloaded from this website – go to Downloads link above.
All-Ireland final – The next big thing for the club is the forthcoming All-Ireland Scór na nÓg final in Castlebar on the 1st March when our young ballad group will represent Tyrone and Ulster. Many thanks to everyone who attended the Up for the Final evening in the club last Sunday.
Scór Sinsear – This weekend our adult Scór members will contest the Tyrone semi-finals. The Léiriú (presentation/novelty) group will compete in Drumquin on Friday evening, while eight teams representing the club will contest the second semi-final in Carrickmore on Sunday at 5pm. Good luck to everyone.
Youth Coaching – Coaching for several of our boys teams is now underway as follows:
- U14 footballers training on Saturday from 1pm to 2.30pm in St. Patrick’s Park. New players welcome.
- U10 indoor hurling blitz in Dromore this Saturday. Parents, please confirm if your son is able to attend by texting Dominic McClements on 07725351643 asap
- U12 football on Thursday at CBS 6-7pm
- Gaelic Start – OFFon Saturday
- U8 and U10 football and hurling coaching commences on Sat 1st March at CBS from 10.30am.
- U16 hurling continues on Monday nights
Ladies Committee meeting – There will be a Ladies football committee meeting on Tuesday next at 7pm in the clubrooms.
U18 ladies league – The U18 girls will play their first league match of the season on Saturday in St. Patrick’s Park against Sperrin Og (11am).
Schools final – Good luck to U16 players Orla Lagan, Orla McNamee, Erin McSorley and Breona Colton who are playing for the Loreto in the Ulster final today (Thurs) in Garvaghey.
Ladies football training – Details of ladies football training are as follows:
- Senior and minor ladies football training continues indoors in the clubrooms on Wednesday at 7.30pm. Newcomers welcome.
- U14 girls football training commences on Friday evening from 7-8pm in the CBS all-weather pitch and also on Mondays indoors at Healy Park, 6.30-7.30pm.
- U12 Girls – training continues for both U12 girls and boys teams tonight (Thurs 20th Feb) at Omagh CBS AstroTurf pitch 6pm to 7pm. All current and new players are more than welcomed.