Ulster GAA Coach Academy aims to complement the coaching qualification pathway. It will also provide a number of short workshops/courses to further develop their coaching expertise over a period of 12 months.
The key aim is to support and develop coaches’ knowledge and application of technical, tactical, physiological and psychological/lifestyle factors that affect a player’s and ultimately a team’s performance. The Academy is for Gaelic Football, Hurling and ladies Gaelic Football coaches.
Who is it for?
* Coaches committed to working at performance level, i.e. county academy squad, minor, U21 or senior level.
* Coaches who have Completed a level 1 (Gaelic, Hurling, Ladies Gaelic, Camogie) Coaching Qualification
Coaches will have to attend 4 weekends over the year involving a Friday evening and Saturday
1. 25th – 26th April
2. 27th – 28th June
3. 17th – 18th October
4. 21st – 22nd November
Attendance at all dates is compulsory, as is the requirement to complete all tasks set. Workshops to include: Performance analysis; Coaching session preparation; Coaching attacking play; Coaching defensive play; Winning the changing room; and much more
How to Apply
* Complete the Application form attached or Download an Application form from the Ulster GAA Website http://ulster.gaa.ie/<http://ulster.gaa.ie/>http://www.ulsterladiesgaelic.com/<http://www.ulsterladiesgaelic.com/>
* All Gaelic Football & Hurling Application forms must be approved and signed off by your County Coaching Officer and Games Development Manager
* All Ladies Gaelic Football Application forms must be approved and signed off by your County Ladies Football Development Officer
* The closing date to summit completed applications forms is Friday 4th April at 4:00pm, all successful candidates will be notified before Friday 11th April.
* Please return All application forms to:
Ulster Coach Academy, Ceannarás Uladh, 8-10 Market Street, Armagh, BT61 7BX
Any queries please contact:
– Gaelic Football: Tony Scullion firstname.lastname@example.org 077 9512 0438
– Hurling: Kevin Kelly email@example.com 079 2052 8794
– Ladies Gaelic Football: Sheena Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org 077 9516 0979
The Activate GAA Warm-Up: Enhance Performance and Reduce Injury http://activategaa.sini.co.uk/